Professional Trustee Service
Why we developed this service.
When making a decision as a Trustee are you aware of all of the asset protection and potential tax planning opportunities that exist?
Are you aware that to unravel a past decision made (that could have been made better at the time) can be a costly exercise?
Are you fully aware of your legal responsibilities that need to be met annually?
Are you fully aware of your legal responsibilities when a Trustee decision is being made?
Do you understand that decisions in regard to your Trust may impact your beneficiaries' inheritance?
Have you appointed a replacement Trustee to look after your interests when you have gone?
Trusts involve complex issues which make quality expert advice essential both in relation to the establishment of the Trust but also in relation to its ongoing administration. The role of a Trustee can be extremely daunting for an untrained person and often complicated decisions need to be made.
By using us as a Professional Trustee we will advise you on the best way to preserve your assets, ensuring as much as possible will be received by the intended beneficiary(s) and is not lost to tax, divorce or in settlements with creditors. We will act as an independent party helping to create a solution in difficult disputed situations.
Who should use this service?
We recommend that anyone who has a Trust should appoint a Professional Trustee to ensure the smooth running of the Trust from an unbiased professional perspective.
What is involved?
Once you notify us that you would like us to act as Professional Trustee, we will first need to conduct a Trust Review before accepting any appointment (see Trust Review Service - Outline and Benefits). This will ensure that your Trust Deed and Memorandum of Wishes are valid and up to date and that any concerns are addressed.
As your Professional Trustee we will provide independent advice, identify any risks and ensure you achieve the best possible asset protection and tax planning outcomes. We will ensure your beneficiaries' inheritance is protected in the event of any life changes.
When should I begin using this service?
If you don't have a Professional Trustee we recommend that you appoint us as soon as possible to give you peace of mind that your Trust will deliver its desired outcome.
- Maximises asset protection and tax planning opportunities for all decisions from the outset
- As a Professional Trustee we will be unbiased and uphold the Trust deed
- We will ensure the beneficiaries' inheritance is protected
- Minimises the risks associated with the two certainties in life - death and taxes!
- An independent party can help create a solution or plan of action in difficult circumstances
- As Professional Independent Trustee Paul Martin Chartered Accountant Limited is not emotionally involved in any decision making and can be held accountable
- Gives you peace of mind knowing that your Trust is being administered correctly and will deliver your desired outcome
- Gives you certainty that all statutory requirements are being met
- Minimises risks associated with any litigation
- Highlights any potential areas of risk or concern
- If your Trust enters into a major transaction we can ensure optimal asset protection and tax structuring from the outset
- Professional advice from a financial perspective
- We will work with you and your lawyer
Call us now on (09) 576 4166 to further discuss our Professional Trustee Service